Reduce outages, automate, gain visibility and control of your network
IBM® Netcool® Network Management helps CSP and enterprise data center and networking staff to discover, visualize, detect, configure, activate, integrate and remediate your network. The single solution combines IBM Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus, IBM Tivoli® Network Manager and IBM Tivoli Netcool Configuration Manager.
Netcool Network Management features:
- One integrated set of network management tools that provides network discovery, monitoring, event management and configuration.
- Centralized visibility and reporting that encompasses complex, dispersed network environments.
- Network discovery and monitoring that can improve network availability and efficiencies.
- Event and fault management that can help troubleshoot network issues and resolve them quickly.
- Network configuration capabilities that support efficient deployment and change management.
One integrated set of network management tools
- Provides near real-time, centralized monitoring of complex networks and technology domains with scalability that can exceed millions of events per day.
- Delivers detailed visibility into enterprise network operations, including cloud-based services that use heterogeneous infrastructures and physical networks.
- Collects network data from business applications, network devices, internet protocols, security devices and other data sources for centralized management.
- Supports data exchange and in-context navigation among Netcool/OMNIbus, Tivoli Network Manager and Tivoli Netcool Configuration Manager.
- Integrates with operating support systems (OSS) and other mission-critical workflow applications to handle complex network operations.
Centralized visibility and reporting
- Offers an intuitive, role-based web portal that delivers network monitoring and management information from a single location.
- Consolidates data from varied sources into web-based dashboards with customizable displays of events, service views and operational indicators.
- Provides management reports that include cross-domain, multivendor events and detailed network device information.
- Delivers centralized visualization and reporting of current and historical data from IBM and third-party sources.
Network discovery and monitoring
- Delivers near real-time information on network connectivity, availability, performance, usage and inventory.
- Generates network maps automatically and updates maps with network changes without manual intervention.
- Identifies bottlenecks and other network issues to enable faster resolution and help avoid outages.
- Captures logical connectivity information including virtual private network (VPN), virtual local area network (VLAN), asynchronous transfer mode (ATM), frame relay and multiprotocol label switching (MPLS) services.
- Discovers devices and the physical port-to-port connectivity between them for more granular monitoring of network operations.
Event and fault management
- Provides advanced correlation, automated diagnostics and root-cause analysis to help increase availability and performance.
- Enables automated event correlation, isolation and resolution to help identify and resolve problems without manual intervention.
- Identifies the causes of network downtime at the node and port levels to help reduce resolution times.
- Shows event rate baselines, predictions and trends that can identify underlying problems and help you address issues proactively.
Network configuration capabilities
- Automates the configuration and management of network devices for cloud-based services.
- Provides automated features for change management, security control, provisioning, policy-based compliance and software upgrades.
- Helps you manage a wide range of network devices, protocols, systems, business applications and security devices.
- Lets administrators view configuration change data and compliance data alongside other network events to help stay informed of network changes.