IBM® Netcool® Performance Manager is network performance management software for wireless, wireline and convergent networks. This scalable, flexible system enables communication service providers (CSPs), large enterprises and utilities to manage network performance of both fixed and mobile networks. It supports complex multivendor, multi-technology networks while providing increased visibility into total network performance.
IBM Netcool Performance Manager helps:
- Facilitate fixed-mobile convergence with a bundled performance management offering.
- Manage both wireless and fixed/IP network performance using an extensive library of network interfaces called technology packs.
- Improve visibility into network performance to help minimize service degradations and disruptions, and speed troubleshooting.
- Reduce operational costs and boost efficiencies by consolidating performance management of systems and enabling proactive problem identification.
Facilitate fixed-mobile convergence
- Addresses the needs and challenges of both fixed and mobile networks.
- Allows you to move toward convergence and next-generation networks at your own pace—while continuing to support mature technologies.
- Makes the most of the combined strengths of IBM Netcool/Provisio® for wireline networks and IBM Netcool Performance Manager for Wireless to help improve network performance and service quality.
Manage both wireless and fixed/IP network performance
- Technology packs are independent modules providing domain-specific and data-neutral data models, vendor-specific metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs), along with reports and graphs.
- Technology packs are available for both wireless technologies and fixed/IP services and technologies.
- You can deploy, extend and modify technology packs to manage different vendors and technologies on a single system.
- The Technology Pack Development Kit helps IBM customers and partners develop customized wireless technology packs for additional network element types such as value-added services.
Improve visibility into network performance
- Provides streamlined operational views for managing the network performance of any complex environments using near real-time data.
- Generates reports using a large library of preconfigured calculations and KPIs in wireless or wireline, vendor-neutral or multivendor environments.
- Allows you to generate additional reports using the Tivoli Common Reporting engine, based on IBM Cognos®. These enhanced reports offer additional business intelligence and enable a consistent user experience.
- Provides a composite resources feature for creating network and service models to report on logical entities or network paths. This helps you enhance alarm definitions, network troubleshooting and service quality reports.
Reduce operational costs and boost efficiencies
- Allows you to consolidate performance management of both wireless and wireline/IP-based networks to a single vendor solution for lower cost of ownership.
- Helps enhance change management capabilities by delivering built-in policies that automatically detect system changes such as failovers.
- Provides a fully distributed architecture with independent component scalability (application, database, loaders) and deployment options. This can help save on operating costs and capital expenditures.
- Runs as part of a cost-effective platform using IBM AIX® on IBM System p® including IBM POWER7®, Red Hat Linux (RHEL) on IBM BladeCenter® and IBM System x® hardware in addition to Sun Solaris.