The Leader in ITSM and now OSS…
Over the past five years, ServiceNow has been the benchmark of Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) solutions. As a well-rounded ITSM solution (service request, incident, change, asset management), its on-demand delivery model, out-of-the-box functionality, well designed user experience, configurability and extendibility are many of the features that have driven customers to choose it as the #1 ITSM solution. With so many parallel features to OSS fulfillment, customers are taking a hard look at ServiceNow as a OSS fulfillment provider.Contact Us
- "Since deploying the Assure1 solution, we have remediated the dependency and cost of operating with legacy tools and plan to reduce OPEX in the months and years to come. In addition to the direct savings, Assure1’s unified platform for fault, performance and topology is easy to use and provides our engineering team with the speed and agility to deliver a high-degree of service quality to our NOC and end-customers."
Carriers and Service Providers Should Consider ServiceNow in their next OSS Fulfillment Deployment
As an OSS solutions integrator, AccuOSS has seen many flavors of OSS solutions over the years. We hear the common set of challenges across platforms:
- Our OSS solution is highly customized, so upgrading is extremely painful
- Our OSS solution take an army to administer and support
- Our network asset inventory cannot be trusted
- Our OSS solution is too rigid, so we had to build and integrate our own apps
Many of the challenges above were common challenges in the ITSM space and then SeviceNow swallowed the entire industry.
Check out the Now Platform here. You’ll find that ServiceNow is well positioned to provide many of the out-of-the-box functions you’re looking for in an OSS fulfillment solution. Surprisingly, ServiceNow is well poised to handle most if not all of the requirements of an OSS fulfillment solution:
- Network Asset Inventory & Asset Lifecycle Management
- Robust Workflow creation
- Case Management
- Problem Management
- Change Management & CMDB
- Knowledge Base & Runbook
Integrating Fulfillment and Assurance is much more than auto-ticketing
For customers who have already invested in the ServiceNow platform or looking to make an investment, be sure to consider all the integration options to enhance your investment in the ServiceNow platform. For any OSS deployment, we typically see the following integrations:
- Inventory Management Systems – Integrating asset records from several inventory systems to ServiceNow either as a one-time ingestion or continuous ingestion
- Enrichment – Asset and CI information are critical details when identifying what equipment is affected and who might be impacted. Enriching this data to your event management process should be a target state of any ServiceNow deployment
- Case/Incident Creation – Many event management tools today provide capabilities to right-click and generate tickets or setup rules to auto-generate tickets with 3rd party ITSM/OSS systems. ServiceNow has well documented APIs for automating this type of functionality
AccuOSS has a long history of integration with ServiceNow dating back to one of its original OSS deployments in the mid-2000’s for a national wireless carrier. Leveraging the Surveil Actuate & Surrogate platforms, you can quickly integrate your OSS assurance systems with ServiceNow began realizing the value of a neatly integrated OSS solution.
See more on Surveil Actuate & Surrogate here.